With the legalization of equity crowdfunding in the US, small businesses now have an easier, less risky way to raise capital. Allowing private companies to raise funds up to certain amounts from individuals without sacrificing creative control, this new law gives entrepreneurs another option to get much needed funding in the early stages of starting a business.
We created a course so you can get the 101 on how this new, exciting fundraising method works (see above).
Learn about this transformative financial technology that just legalized in the US (May of 2016) and everything you need to be in the know about crowdfund investing (sometimes called Equity Crowdfunding).
Build the vocabulary, rules, and use cases of crowdfund investing in 25 minutes.
- Why startup / small business investing via the internet is transformative
- How crowdfund investing and crowdfunding (e.g. Kickstarter) are completely different
- What the law allows for entrepreneurs, investors, and funding portals
- Where business and social change fits into this equation
Big opportunities to be early to the game
Learning the basics of crowdfund investing (CFI) puts a very powerful tool into your hands. CFI’s use cases may include startup funding, small business “mini-IPOs”, and internet-based fundraising for larger projects. Opportunities for consultants, entrepreneurs, and investors in this space are likely to increase exponentially over the next 10 years.
Content and Overview
You’ll start by learning the basics of crowdfund investing, then move on to how this financial innovation can fit into a business’ financial lifecycle. Then, you’ll learn the basics of securities as they apply to crowdfund investing, including how equities, bonds, and profit-sharing arrangements work under this model. Next, you’ll learn how funding portals work and how businesses need to approach discussing financial information during these transactions. We’ll wrap up with a look at some of the socioeconomic impacts of the new law and access to additional resources.
Latest posts by Ludell Jones (see all)
- From Harvard Business Review: Playing Office Politics Without Selling Your Soul - October 12, 2017
- From Forbes: Never Give Up Your Salary Details — Do This, Instead - October 4, 2017
- What is Neuroplasticity? (+ Free Neuroplasticity Handbook) - October 3, 2017