Artificial Intelligence is moving FAST. Let’s get you up to date with what’s happening.
Here are some of the links mentioned in this week’s Brain Boost:
3 AI and Robotics Initiatives Moving Fast:
- Watch Sophia interviewed in Saudi Arabia. At one point, she says “I need to express emotions to understand humans and build trust with people”.
- Check out the German-built AI Writer that generates research for articles based on the headline. Here’s what happened when we used it for an Eazl headline.
- Watch this excellent feature on the giant Method 2 future AI robot being developed in South Korea (via Vice).
Here are four people active in Twitter that are moving the AI conversation forward:
- Terah Lyons is the new Executive Director of the Partnership on AI
- Wilson White is a Public Policy and Community Engagement lead focusing on AI at Google
- Anna Sekaran works in AI and academic partnerships at IBM
- Franchesca Rossi is the head of International Joint Conference on AIFuture of Work:
MIT Sloan just held a symposium on the future of work that you can watch (~1 hour): https://youtu.be/RftEsT8BvZo
China’s United Front initiative is part of big changes to China’s approach to foreign policy.
The Honest Ads Act is a bipartisan effort to regulate political advertising on social media.