In this week’s Brain Boost, I argue that bitcoin is good for society in response to Jean Tirole’s recent piece arguing that it is not good for society in his recent Financial Times piece.
Related citations and links:
• Swiss city of Zug partners with uPort to register digital citizens on the Ethereum blockchain
• Jean Tirole’s opinion piece on Bitcoin in the Financial Times
• Joseph Stiglitz argues that Bitcoin ought to be banned
• The New York Times excellent piece on “Government Sachs”
• (citation) How the Federal Reserve expands money supply via Reserve Requirements
• (citation) Kentucky’s state legislature authorized $18m in subsidies to build a replica of Noah’s Ark